Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign
Posted by ROSEMONT DENTAL CENTER on Feb 1 2021, 09:32 AM
Braces are the traditional way to get your crooked or crowded teeth aligned. The wired braces, however, have their drawbacks and can degrade your overall look. However, with the increase in technological advances, dentistryhas come up with an easy and pleasing way to align your teeth. They are called Invisalign, which are made up of hard plastic and help recover a beautiful smile.
Let's look at the pros and cons of Invisalign.
Pros of Invisalign
- They are comfortable to wear.
- Without any wires attached, painful cuts and discomfort vanish.
- The smooth touch of Invisalign alleviates your smile.
- There are no sharp edges to disturb your daily life.
- The design of the Invisalign makes them invisible.
- No metal texture will diminish your shine.
- People won't even notice that you wear braces.
- Increases confidence during social gatherings.
- You can use your Invisalign as a mouthguard.
- Remove them while eating, brushing, or flossing at your convenience.
- Better access to oral hygiene, providing health care to gums.
- No food particle will get stuck in the Invisalign, unlike in traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners require minimal maintenance.
- Clean them on alternate days. They are easier to clean.
- Use a toothbrush, bleach, and water to clean them as new.
- Scrubbing them once in a while will eliminate any stains.
Cons of Invisalign
- They are pricey.
- It is not covered under dental insurance.
Need to wear them all day long
- Only remove them to practice oral hygiene routine.
- It should be removed only while eating.
- Need at least 22-hours of daily wearing time to work effectively.
- It can be painful in the few initial days as the new aligners will take time to adjust in your mouth.
- Brushing multiple times can cause harm to natural teeth.
Difficult to handle
- Cumbersome to remove them every time you have to eat.
There are pros and cons to everything. It is you who decide what is best for you. Many patients opt for Invisalign aligners and are happy patients, while others find them tedious. Choose wisely to get a shiny and transparent smile!
Please reach out to us to schedule a consultation with our Dentist in Frederick MD, and we’ll guide you further. Please call us at (301) 663-1144 or reach us through online consultation.